Skip to main content

Have you found what you're looking for?

If you still need help with finding answers or want to tell us what you think of the website, please feel free to get in touch.

{{ root_page.title }}

Professional Support

Hartlepool SEND Information, Advice and Support Service

Unavoidably, there may be times when parents find themselves confused about special educational needs procedures, or when there are disagreements between parents, schools and the local authority. To help prevent difficulties from developing into formal disagreement various forms of professional support are available to parents of children with special educational needs.

Hartlepool SENDIASS are able to provide hands on support or able to signpost to an appropriate source of help. If you wish to discuss in the first instance, contact Hartlepool SENDIASS on: 01429 284876 or send an email to: [email protected]

The following services detailed below are available:

Independent Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Services

If you are not happy about a decision that has been made in relation a statutory Education, Health and Care needs assessment (EHCP), then you would need to make contact with Hartlepool SENDIAS service that is impartial to the SEN Team and decision makers. Their contact details: Tel No: 01429 284876 or by email to: [email protected], who can provide you with a list of organisations who will provide you with independent advice separate from the local authority on mediation and disagreement resolution services.

Independent Parental Special Educational Needs Advice (IPSEA)

IPSEA can provide parents, carers and young people with independent advice and access resources in relation to their rights in regard to special educational needs, statutory assessment, exclusion, right to appeal, discrimination and more.

You can find them on their website: or call them on their general advice line: 0800 018 4016.

ACE Advice and Information Service

We aim to offer a comprehensive range of advice and information on education issues. Our information is based on current education law and guidance and covers state funded education for children aged 5-16 years in England only.

ACE Telephone Advice line

If you are the parent or carer of a child at school and you would like to talk to an adviser you can call our confidential telephone advice line on 0300 0115 142. Calls to the advice line cost the same as calling a standard landline number - even from a mobile. 0300 numbers are often included in any inclusive call minute packages offered by phone operators.

Normal opening hours: Monday to Tuesday from 10am to 1pm. Term time only

Website Link:


Contact is the National SENDIASS helpline. Tel: 0808 8083555, opening hours Monday-Friday 9:30am - 5pm.